Out of the Frying-Pan, Into the Fire

I create galaxies in my mind. My thoughts move a mile a minute, some lost within a black hole, others bursting into wonderous nebulas. Explaining myself to others is always a chore. I've just stopped trying. Brain storming..an accurate discription. Such a self explanitory term. A Big Idea...the world is full of big ideas. The universe is full of incredible things waiting to be depicted by someone elses hand. I start by wondering what I enjoy most in life. I think about all of the things that have ultimately shaped, created, this very ultimate me. It's been a long journey, and I think it's fascinating how nobodies journey really is ever the same. I look at the example. ADVENTURE jumps off the page. I laugh quietly to myself. Adventure. One of the things that I adore the most. Be it in books, movies, or in my mind. Adventure is such a vast concept to me, and I see it as something, a living, breathing, THING. I see things differently than a lot of people, I would say. The vastness of this concept opens my mind to the other things in my life that I adore. Things like: questioning, surrealism, realistic views, reason, the universe in itself, my childhood adventures, and all of the adventures that have followed after. I think about changing seasons, discussions with friends, travel, retaining fun facts that others carelessly throw away, philosophy as a whole, nature, questing be it through video games or stories, the upcoming, ever changing future, my spiritual views, dreams I've had, goals, my daily inspirations, my personal thoughts on what it is to live, relationships and how they have changed me. I reflect on High School, on life, and I come to think of how each of these things has led to my own personal growth.

Personal growth...all of your experiences in life lead up to this. You may not even realize it, but even the smallest things can effect you. The smallest lessons can teach you something that you will hold dear for the rest of your life. In maturing, everyone experiences many things. Gains, losses, good choices, bad choices, good things, bad things. Experience and personal growth go hand-in-hand. Over the past couple of years I have become very close to myself. It's one of those things that you don't notice until a few months later. Something happens and then you look back and you think to yourself "wow, I really have changed." Then it's up to you to decide if it was for the better or worse. My own growth has been a very large part of my life. It's almost a record, a showcase, of all of my memories, adventures, experiences as a whole. I can look at a person or a situation and recall what happened, and what it has done to shape who I am as a person. The web of life is so vast, so fascinating, so incredible. It's so unique that to not explore it further would simply be a waste. I know that I have grown, but it was certainly not without faults. Now that things are looking up, I have realized that Chuck Palhaniuk was very correct in saying "the further you fall, the higher you'll fly." I've been to the bottom, and it's made being back to the top so much sweeter.

Therefore, I believe that my Big Idea is going to be that of Experience. Of Personal Growth. This is the topic that means the most to me, and it holds in everything of importance to my life as well. Experience is the seed of all things. Therefore, it is almost true in saying that you are all things, I am all things, as a whole WE are all things. Any way you want to look at it, experience is a beautiful thing as long as you're willing to be open to it. I think in further exploring my experiences for this, I can also learn a few things about myself. The unknown is like finding a diamond in the rough. Enjoy the ride.