Loss



Just as experience brings to us successes, through these successes it can also bring about loss. Sometimes, we have to sacrifice some things to allow new things to happen for us. Sometimes, when you meet people that make you happy, you have to let go of those that don't. Sometimes, when you're stuck between a rock and a hard place, you need to consider what is best for you. Sometimes, when scheduling doesn't work out, you have to plan accordingly, and maybe consider what you NEED to do vs. what you WANT to do. Also, when thinking about this from another view, death is a huge part of life as well, of experience. "In the time between being hit and being missed lives are changed" (Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven). Death effects all people, at least those that are left behind. I can't speak for those that have left. Even if you don't know someone well, it's a reality check. You value more, consider more. With this experience, your personal growth is aided even further. I believe loss of life, friends, family, innocence, it all changes people more than anything else in life. That's my personal belief, because that's my own personal experience. Loss is a broad subject, but it all comes down to the main idea of "experience." Loss has been the largest stepping stone in my life. I'm not done losing, never done losing, but I'm also not done gaining either. Life has ups and downs, everyone just has to remember that there's an end to all things, just as there's an end to sadness, loneliness, pain. It's all in how you look at it. I've come to love my loss the more familiar it is to me. I've learned more about myself through losing than through anything else. I value that. As strange as it may seem.

No comments: