"Do I Dare Disturb the Universe?"

--> What exactly is "experience?"

Experience is such a vast subject. It's a concept that can include many things, depending on how the person debating it views the world themselves. As an individual, my view is of course going to be much different. In regards to this project, and upon asking myself just what experience truly is, a flood of thoughts washed over me like a tidal wave. So many things came to mind. To quiet the storm, I walked around as I thought and continued to ask myself what exactly this idea meant to me. As I had stated before, to me, experience is personal growth. Personal growth is created by a number of things in itself. But when thinking in regards to my own life, I thought of all the different forms experience can come in. I thought of this concept in terms, never full thoughts. When asking myself "what is experience?" I found myself answering with:
  • Experience is travelling, opening your mind and yourself to new places, new cultures.
  • Experience is growth of intelligence. Once you touch fire once, you know you'll get burned.
  • Experience is discovery, learning more about yourself, the world.
  • Experience can be served through relationships.
  • Experience is perserverance. If you don't stick around, how will you know the outcome?
  • Experience is served through time.
  • Experience comes in steps, a mass chain of events.
  • Experience is changes, and how these changes effect you as an individual.
  • Experience is patience. You don't notice everything right away.
  • Experience is risk. "You miss 100 percent of all the shots that you don't take."
  • Experience is emotions, how they effect you, how you handle them in the future.
  • Experience is made of successes, and failures.
  • Experience is irreplaceable, valuable.
  • Experience is never the same for any one person.
  • Experience can bring out the best in you, but not before it brings out the worst.

No comments: